Copywriting for Fashion and style
Usually, retailers who run On-line Fashion Stores neglect high-quality content on the site. They spend a great sum of money on development of the website, fulfillment, inventory, and marketing. Furthermore, they do not think about the importance of well-written content. However, interesting and SEO friendly content attracts customer and encourages people to get the shopping done. The main reason of content disregarding is the lack of budget to write high-quality content. Moreover, an inexperienced copywriter who does not understand at all fashion and style cannot create good and useful content for this type of sites.
Copywriting for fashion and style requires a solid background in the fashion industry. Furthermore, the specialist has to be familiar with marketing and advertising sectors.
SEO friendly content, which was created only for searching engines, could not inspire readers and potential clients. Moreover, the product description provided by the supplier does not encourage people. Fashion copywriting requires a degree in English or related field.
Genres of fashion copywriting.
- Fashion criticism
- Fashion editorials
- Catalog writing
A copywriter who makes a specialty out of fashion should have a professional portfolio. It shows professional writing experience.
Professional fashion writers create descriptive content for radio advertisement, marketing, commercials, websites and printed editions. It includes information about fashion trends, lines, product reviews, and promotional events.
Usually, fashion copywriters are members of the marketing team and collaborate with designers and retailers.
Rules of creating fashion content
- Write as if you talk to your ideal client. That is why you have to address him directly and personally. It means that text should sound as if you sell a product face-to-face.
- Emotions play a significant role in commerce. People want to be emotionally connect to brand and product. The content should not sound indifferent, lazy or ignorant. The copywriter has to see visitor as a real person.
- Titles should tell about the product in simple words. Target audience has to understand heading with no trouble. Jargon in titles should be banned. However, fashion slang can be used in the product description.
- Common-used words such as “the best” “excellent” make customers uncomfortable. They think that retailers give no credit to their intelligence. Give clients opportunity to judge quality themselves.
- Focus on advantages are more important than entice with specifications. Customers are more interested in benefits. They want to know how it will make them look.
- The tone of content should combine with brand’s image. Texts have to reflect its nature and philosophy. They could sound old, sexy, conservative, royal, young, classy, strict, serious, stern, naughty, polite or funny.
- Avoid terminology and specific words.