Proofreading and copywriting
Most people do not differ copywriters and proofreaders. Nowadays the occupation of copywriters is rather popular. However, it seems strange because people still wonder who is a proofreader. Specialists performed these duties always are around in different forms.
Differences between copywriters and proofreaders
Copywriter creates content for technical, marketing or sales fields. Proofreader performers opposite duties; they have competence in the English language in all contexts from novels to academic papers.
Copywriting means creation authentic texts for specific purposes. It includes:
- Website content
- Scripts for video
- All types of reviews
- Blog posts
- How to guides
- Case studies
- Email newsletters
Copywriters are capable of using language in different ways and styles. For instance, the style and tone of research is a far cry from the form of newsletters. Professional readers are masters of using tone, style and jargon to evoke a response from the target audience. They can speak language familiar to different groups of people. Before the creation of content, copywriters researches different aspects and terminology of the necessary industry. Furthermore, they take into account grammar, spelling and rules of sentence construction.
Moreover, copywriters consider cultural and ethical issues of the target audience. They make sure that copies are not offensive or strange for the target group. Professional writers could determine customers desires and make them understand their wishes. Furthermore, the goal of copywriting is to give people what they want and create an appropriate brand image.
Copywriters work in the business field. Proofreaders can deal only with publishers. Professional writers act at the beginning of the creation of content, proofreaders play a role of quality control measure. However, it is important to underline that copywriters have skills to proofread their texts due to professional training. Proofreaders are capable of writing well-designed copies because they are writers by nature. However, they focus on spelling grammar, punctuation, and text construction because their goal is the correction of errors.
Companies often skip the service of proofreading. However, it is an essential part of creation well-written content. Spelling, stylistic and punctuation errors make a bad showing for the target audience. They could destroy trust and show the company as an unreliable organization.
Proofreading helps to create finish variant of the writing. This specialist does not check style, flow, context and meaning. They focus only on grammatical and spelling errors.
Copywriting has rules that help to create catchy and compelling content.
- Professional copywriters need to gather information and data before start writing of copy. It needs hard homework.
- The determination of target audience is a crucial point of writing high-quality copy.
- Moreover, the copywriter has to have the professional background in the specialized field.
- He should share a common language with the audience.
- Copies must be created with using simple words. Furthermore, the copywriter has to use special terminology carefully. Explain something face-to-face.
- Content must be well-arranged and friendly for readers. It should be divided into short sentences and paragraphs.
- SEO friendly content must be optimized for searching engines. It plays an essential role in site ranking.