Copywriting in real estate
Real estate industry needs steady, rock-solid, and well-written content. Many sales agents economize money and write articles for their sites themselves. However, the creation of high-quality texts requires experience, talent, and solid background.
Types of content of copywriting in real estate
- Property description
- Agency and agent profiles
- Market reviews
Well –designed content is a basement of marketing strategy. It plays an essential role in traffic acquisition. Texts are the most important part of e-mails, newsletters, websites, sales materials and advertisement.
Requirements to real estate content
- Use catchy headlines and sub-headlines. The most people do not read text word-for-word. They only scan articles. For this reason, headlines and sub-headlines have to contain key messages and encourage people to pay attention to particular services.
- Unique features should be underlined in content. What distinguishes you from others? Write about that.
- Replace “We” and “I” to “You”. The constant rambling only about yourself put off potential clients. For this reason, the copywriter should emphasize services and help that agencies and agents could provide.
- Underlining of advantages and achievements could play an essential role in the promotional campaign. Give more specific information such as “40 satisfied clients this year”
- Testimonials are important in real estate industry.
- People are skeptical when they read marketing articles. For this reason, use convincing evidence to prove your statements.
First of all copywriters should determine a target audience. It could be a big family, first home buyers, investors, up-graders, downsizers or prestige lifestyle seekers. The nature of content depends on it. For instance, investors prefer secure real estate near transport. Prestige lifestyle seekers want to make their friends jealous. First home buyers like affordable houses.
The approach means to underline advantages and specific important features and present them to the potential client in the understandable and readable way.
Ever formal five syllable words cannot impress readers of real estate content. On the contrary, they make text unreadable. The format must be professional, engaging, conversational and knowledgeable.
Grammar and correct spelling play an important role in the success of the content strategy. Many spelling mistakes and incorrect sentences make readers to doubt agency’s or agent’s authority.
Real estate content has to sound confident. The buying of the building is the very serious step. That is why potential clients should feel your confidence on the real estate market.
Furthermore, content has to SEO friendly. For this reason, the copywriter has to use search engine optimization. Moreover, the article should contain keywords that readers associate with real estate services. Also, the keyword cannot look like lists because people and search engines will think that you article is spam.
Copywriter could use humor or personal stories in content. This approach makes texts less plain and adds personal features.
Furthermore, content should underline qualification of specialists that provide services. It means that article should include professional affiliations, practical experience, and real estate certifications. It is important to convince clients of agencies’ and agent’s qualifications.
Real estate industry is highly competitive. That is why, real estate brokers have to place special emphasis on promotion of their services on the Internet. Content strategy is an essential part of the promotional on-line campaign.