Copywriting for technique field
Technique field comprises the wide range of sectors such as audio technique, home appliance, computing equipment, transport, industrial equipment, mobile phones, lighting engineering, photo technique, electrical engineering. Copywriting for technique needs to be executed by writers with professional background and special skills. Only experienced writers could create compelling, inspiring and engaging content. They have a creative mind that can help to promote technical companies and win them, clients.
First of all, it is necessary to think about potential customers. What do they need? They need an equipment, photo and video technique, engineering services. Moreover, it is a challenge to make people buy your services. People could even not to recognize their desires. The goal of copywriting for the technical industry is to make the audience understand their needs. A content must establish the emotional connection with readers. Because they make decisions guided by feelings.
It is important to know that people feel even a small lie. Lie kills truth and sale. The admittance of imperfections gains confidence.
Particularities of audience
1. People who need technical services and equipment often have the low opinion of advertising. Furthermore, promotional materials should not sound as “ad copy”.
They are not influenced by clear advertising. Technical specialists make decisions based on technical facts.
2. There is an opinion that engineers are not influenced by clever consumer style. On the contrary, straightforward approach works better than creativity. Engineers respond better to content that address to their professional knowledge. That is why, promotional materials has to be based on facts.
3. Apart from emotions, technician’s purchases are guided by logic. This audience is specific because it prefers considered purchases rather than impulsive buy. That is why, the copywriter should carefully put facts, compare facts and data based on customers’ requirements.
However, emotions have the influence on the process of making decisions. For example, the technical specialist could have preferences for one vendor over another based on feelings. Moreover, some people choose devices after rigorous and deep analyze of features and technical specifications. Clarity is the most important criteria of copywriting for the technical field. The copywriter should not tease reader; he must make clear what a company offers and how it could cover current needs.
4. Technicians want to know features and specifications. Benefits and advantages take second place to them.
- They want to know about
- efficiency ratings
- performance characteristics
- technical specifications
- performance characteristics
These characteristics are important for selling to value-added resellers, systems integrators, and original equipment manufacturers because they incorporate purchase in their own product.
5. Jargon attracts the attention of potential clients. It plays a significant role in the communication of technicians. Slang shows that you speak their language and makes an impression that the author likes his audience.
6. Visual materials such are an integral part of the technicians’ world.
Types of visual materials:
- Mathematical symbols
- Engineering drawings
It is necessary to use this type of content because technical specialists are and understand and comfortable with it.
Visual content is a sign that content is solid and useful. Fr this reason, the technical copywriter has to learn visual language of the target audience.