Modern business is rapidly moving towards the globalization and international market, and apart from the necessity to translate and localize their services and products to gain the desired success, they'll also need to translate their financial documentation. Financial translations became more and more necessary for all kinds of international businesses, especially lately, and the increasing volume of financial documents adds up to their need of hiring an experienced translator who'll be able to handle the material within the deadline and without issues. Due to sensitivity and complexity of such materials, there are translators who study finance and learn the language and terminology used within such documents. Whether it's an internal communication or external publishing, financial translation must be accurate and compliant with finance practices of a target country and client's requirements.
There are many types of financial documents, and each of them requires a very responsible and professional approach. The most common examples of such documents include:
- Annual reports;
- Balance sheets;
- Customer correspondence;
- Disclosure agreements;
- Financial statements;
- Investment reports;
- Investor and shareholder newsletters;
- Press releases;
- Tax reports.
These are the most common types of financial documents which require translation, and all of these documents contain sensitive and precise content and personal information that can't be translated by someone who has no experience in financial translations and doesn't have the necessary knowledge of finance and related subjects. It's important to pay close attention to these types of translations, as a single omission or mistake can result in obscured information within the document and poor understanding of the material.
Requirements to financial translators and translations
Due to extreme sensitivity and precision of such documents, hiring a translator without necessary expertise, experience and certificates is extremely risky. With the increasing numbers of fraud and information leaks, it's important to be careful in hiring a finance translator and double-checking all information provided by them in order to make sure that your materials are in good hands and personal information will remain personal. Polyglot offers special service to prevent fraud and verifies the translators to make sure that part is already covered when you need to find someone to translate your financial materials.
- The basic requirements for a freelance finance translator are the following:
- The translator should have extensive knowledge of both languages (the original language and the foreign
- language you're translating to);
- The translator should have the expertise in finance and related subject;
- The translator should have the certificates which prove their ability to handle finance translations;
- The translator should have a few years of experience in financial translations;
- The translator should have references to their previous customers to confirm their experience and expertise.
And also, the following requirements should be adhered to in order to make sure the finance translation is done correctly:
- The translation must be as accurate as possible within the limitations posed by the translation from one language to another;
- The translation must be transferred via a secure channel to avoid potential data leaks or data stealing;
- The translation must be done on time, with proper proofreading and editing to make sure that the desired quality is reached.
By adhering to these requirements, you'll have an easier time dealing with freelance financial translation services. Make sure that you've done the necessary preparations and checks before hiring someone and found a nice proofreading service or a freelance proofreader to ensure that there won't be any issues or delays in your project.
How to find a financial translator on Polyglot?
As long as you're paying attention to the requirements listed on this page, you will have a pleasant experience working with freelance financial translators on Polyglot. It's recommended to pay attention to these requirements whenever you have to deal with freelance translations, because these are not limited to Polyglot and considered as common sense among regular clients of freelance translation services. Polyglot offers additional protection to make sure that your personal information remains secure and make sure that any issue can be resolved as quickly as possible. While most people consider these kinds of documents as too sensitive for a freelance translation service and instead they're offered to translation agencies, Polyglot aims to prove that these kinds of translations can be done by freelancers without any differences in quality, but with a more affordable price.